[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com>
 To:  tanuj at ts86 dot net, 'Seth Martin' <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper Latency Take 2
 Date:  Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:41:50 -0700
On Wed Aug 24  7:29 , "Seth Martin"  sent:

>I'm in a budget freeze so my free hardware is precious at the moment.  I
>have my test system but if I tie it up as a MW box then I loose my spare
>test box.  I've had this problem with 1.11 and 1.2b9.  So I was just
>hoping someone might have seen this problem and give me a fix.  Last
>time I only got replies on people that had misconfigurations on DSL up
>and down streams, but this is not DSL.  I'll ultimately have to try the
>p4 it seems but they are telling me no more overtime, but I have to do
>it after hours.  But that's my problem not yours lol.

I'm running a T1 with seven remote locations.  we have terminal servers (probably
not what you're running - blackbox) but no problems thus far.  I originally was
having problems with a neoware EON4000 (similar to the soekris, but low end)
handling all incoming connections, but switched to a P3 866mhz w/256mb ram and 3
x 3com cards running m0n0 1.2b9 on a cf > ide.  works great, no one is dropping
their connections. I have 50+ users connecting in at any one time and no one
notices a lag.  I created traffic shaping rules that share the bandwidth.  my
suggestion is to try the P4 with some decent 3com or intel network cards.

cameron
"we're gonna need a bigger boat"