[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Pppoa - adsl modem bridge
 Date:  Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:12:46 +0100
Matthew,

>I have a broadband connection, pppoa (in the UK) with a single IP
>address (either set or given with DHCP). I am hoping to use a DSL-504t
>modem in bridge mode, am I right in sayiny that the DSL modem doesn't
>get an ip address and the m0n0wall gets it? If so, what settings do I
>use on the monowall.
>If this is not possible, any other suggestions, I currently have the
>DSL-504t doing NAT and then have the monowall on DMZ, but this somehow
>seems a bit wrong!
I used to have a DSL-504T but got rid of it as it didn't support
half-bridged mode which you'll require to use the router as you
describe.

D-Link technical support was virtually non-existent and they didn't seem
particularly interested in adding half-bridged mode.  They may have
added this since then, though.

If it does support half-bridged mode then set m0n0wall to get its WAN IP
address by DHCP and that should be it.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   neil at dana dot org dot uk
                               Web:      http://www.dana.org.uk/