[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] What's the best to look for in CF to ide? Or ones to avoid?
 Date:  Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:09:09 +1200
Some things to be aware of.

None of the cheap IDE/CF adapters support hot swapping.  It might work if
your motherboard IDE controller did, but none I have do.

They are just a pin conversion - 40 pins of IDE plus four pins of power  is
44 pins on the CF card.

The dual card holders are just that - two slots that can take two cards and
show up as a master and a slave drive to the OS.

Cheap is porbably fine - as long as you're careful.  I never change the card
in mine, but if you did want to then spend some more for a robust oen, or
just be careful.