[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <Kamil dot Wencel at hvbpensionsfonds dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Router UMTS GPRS ADSL
 Date:  Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:44:18 +0200
Hi all guys,
we are pleased to announce that we have succesfully done several
modifications to m0n0wall in order to let him accepting as interfaces
UMTS,
GPRS cards and ADSL usb modems too.
 Me and Gianfranco Risaliti have modified/added something to the kernel
and
built some php pages where the user can easily insert his PPP
parameters,
save the configuration and restart m0n0wall obtaining a fully functional

router UMTS, GPRS or ADSL.
 Moreover Gianfranco is building up an 4 lines LCD screen with 4 buttons

(and me helping with some of the C software) that let the final user :
1) see several status informations on PPP connection
2) if there are more than one configuration, easily switch between each
other (and reboot m0n0wall)
 Cheers,
 Alessio Fabiani.

---

thanks fpr your efforts. especially the LC display would be a really nice add-on.
I was trying this before, but I couldn't bring it to life with bsd. are you using
parallel port type HD44780 ( most common ) or some serial matrix orbital display types ?