[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Matthew Martz <mkm17 at psu dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] detection
 Date:  Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:25:47 -0400
> > I am looking to run a monowall box to firewall my laptop but was
> > wondering if this can be detected by network admins and whether
> > such a setup causes any issues on their side that would become a
> > problem.   I believe they mention that they do not allow routers
> > etc. to be implemented.

Forgive my ingnorance, but the way I am reading this, You want to
setup a separate box in-line between your laptop and the school
network...right.

Unless your planning to create a LAN behind m0n0wall in addition to
your laptop, why not just install a software FW on the laptop. Setting
up m0n0wall seems to be over kill just to protect your laptop ??

Or I could be completely confused :)

- Don