[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Microsoft Virtual PC & m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:25:20 -0400
On 8/25/05, Steve Yates <steve at teamits dot com> wrote:
>        Has anyone tried to run m0n0wall under Microsoft Virtual PC 2004?
> We have spare copies of Virtual PC and I'm thinking about that to save
> PC hardware.

I know some people do, yes.  But I would strongly suggest not doing so
in a production environment, it's best suited for testing and
development.  Too easy to get Windows to start binding stuff to its
NIC's that won't be protected by the firewall.  With that, you're one
click and one missed patch away from being owned.

-Chris