[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Philippe Lang" <philippe dot lang at attiksystem dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VPN configuration & NAT
 Date:  Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:38:26 +0200

I'm trying to replace my actual Lightning firewall with a Soekris 4801
(m0n0wall 1.11), and I have a small problem:

My network is, and the remote network is

The problem is that the remote network already has a VPN with another network.

My solution with the Lightning was to map my to the network, and create a VPN between and networks, with a "mapto/source" and a "mapto/destination"
on my Lightning, like:

Source           Destination       Cmd     Translation    Type
----------------------------------------------------------------    mapto   Source   mapto     Destination

This permits to access the network without
interfering with the other network.

What would be the equivalent setting on the M0n0wall? I have tried
playing with the NAT 1:1, but I couldn't make it work. Do you have an

By the way, thanks for the M0n0wall, this is a great tool...

Philippe Lang
Attik System
rte de la Fonderie 2
1700 Fribourg

Tel:   +41 (26) 422 13 75
Fax:   +41 (26) 422 13 76
GSM:   +41 (79) 351 49 94
Email: philippe dot lang at attiksystem dot ch
Skype: philippe.lang