[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Philippe Lang" <philippe dot lang at attiksystem dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DCC protocol support in M0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:36:07 +0200
Hi,

After replacing my firewall with a M0n0wall, I noticed errors in
/var/maillog regarding a protocol used by Spamassin: DCC. It's used here
for exchanging checksums of spam.

Apparently, the DCC protocol has the same problem as active FTP, when
going through NAT: it requires some support in the firewall, like a
module or a proxy.

Which nat-unfriendly protocol does the M0n0wall support? Is there a way
of telling him about DCC maybe?

----------------------------------
Philippe Lang
Attik System
rte de la Fonderie 2
1700 Fribourg
Switzerland
http://www.attiksystem.ch

Tel:   +41 (26) 422 13 75
Fax:   +41 (26) 422 13 76
GSM:   +41 (79) 351 49 94
Email: philippe dot lang at attiksystem dot ch
Skype: philippe.lang