[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Rupp" <internet at acorp dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Pictures from internet to captive partal page
 Date:  Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:00:14 -0600
Peter,

I believe you need to allow the IP of your website host, not your computer.  The "A" record for
www.procad.sk yields an IP address of 217.67.26.179, not 192.168.100.152.  Try allowing
217.67.26.179 in your rules.  Also, DO NOT specify your image using the IP address
(http://217.67.26.179/internet/images/lieskovec_erb.jpg), but instead use the full URL
(http://www.procad.sk/internet/images/lieskovec_erb.jpg).  Since several sites share one Exohosting
IP address, you have to use your domain name or else Exo won't know what site to direct the web
request to.

Since your site is hosted by EXO Webhosting, you are aware that your captive portal users will be
able to browse the EXO site, and any other customers hosted by EXO on that same IP address without
authenticating, right?

- Paul