[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0walls WANs in Series
 Date:  Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:10:00 -0500
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:09:49 -0700
"Greg Sims" <Greg at HeadingUp dot net> wrote:

> I would like to configure a second m0n0wall router behind the first one.

	Why?

> physical connection to the second m0n0wall is the LAN of the first m0n0wall
> - 10.0.0.0/24.  The WAN interface of this second m0n0wall needs to be one of
> the public ip addresses in my address range - let's say 1.2.3.102.

	That won't work, you would instead need to have both m0n0walls
connect to the same router or switch, like:

[router] -- [m0n0wall 1] -- LAN 1

     \-- [m0n0wall 2] -- LAN 2

You can use a switch if the router has only one LAN port.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Hanging:  An early form of bungee jumping, practiced in the old west.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~