[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jayden Phillips <trainguy77 at shaw dot ca>
 To:  Chris Dollmont <cdollmont at mac dot com>
 Cc:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec speed
 Date:  Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:50:50 -0600
I am not by the m0n0wall box so I can't tell you the speed of it until
Monday, but I think it is about a 500. For Phase 2 I am using  PFS group 2,
3des(I have tried DES and no better performance) and MD5.
Do you need anything else? I will get the speed on Monday.

Thanks

On 8/28/05 12:02 AM, "Chris Dollmont" <cdollmont at mac dot com> wrote:

> Chris is right--we'll need to see some details about your
> configuration, particularly the hardware that you're running m0n0wall
> on. I'm running Citrix over a link between China and the US. I have
> as many as 8 clients in China working from a Citrix server in the US,
> and the performance is excellent. All of this over a VPN tunnel.
>
> Chris
>
> On Aug 27, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Jayden Phillips wrote:
>
>> Yes I know, both the client and the end have cable high speed
>> internet. Over
>> pptp I could run remote desktop full screen millions of colors,
>> sounds,
>> everything. With ipsec I can't even run 256 colors, no sound, the
>> basics.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On 8/27/05 3:09 PM, "Jonathan De Graeve"
>> <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Remember that if you use a VPN on a slow connection, the
>>> connection will
>>> work slower then it already was because the overhead of the VPN
>>> protocol.
>>>

>>> J.

>>> burn. But it is still a slow connection, so I think a hardware crypto