[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?WINDOWS-1252?B?lSCV?= <googl3meister at gmail dot com>
 To:  edward mzj <edward dot mzj at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: A few modification to m0n0, anyone interested?
 Date:  Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:18:18 +1000
I don't think anyone is too worried about your english.  One thing for
anyone who tries this with a >=5.x system, vnconfig has been replaced
by mdconfig, which will dynamically create the md device for you, so
no need to "cd /dev;./MAKEDEV vn1 ..." - also note the device name
change from vn (virtual node) to md (memory disk) and the chance to
specify the unit number with -u.

mdconfig takes a -t option to allow the selection of the vnode device
type, thus:
mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /tmp/your.img -u 4

Although the vnconfig binary exists on the system, it's use it's
pretty clear (5.4-STABLE):
%vnconfig
ERROR: vnconfig(8) has been discontinued
        Please use mdconfig(8).

FreeBSD mdconfig manpage here for those interested - useful examples too...
http://tinyurl.com/adfgk

--
regards
gm