[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  per at tocodata dot no
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fax with VoIP
 Date:  Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:31:09 -0600
Per Willy Buffelen wrote:

>Sending fax over VoIP with m0n0wall problem, every time i try to use a fax
>conencted to a VoIP box i get TX error on the faxmachine, i have tried this
>on 2 different computers with m0n0wall, with Linksys and IPCop its okey, can
>it have something to do with PPPoE and MTU=1412, if i use the standard value
>on MTU there is many strange thing happens.
I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I fax across my Vonage VoIP line
through m0n0wall in NAT mode on a fairly regular basis.  I set the fax
to cap at 9600bps, but aside from that, no issues.

14400bps usually works as long as ECM is enabled, but without ECM
14400bps isn't always reliable.

There are two times when a man doesn't understand a woman
before marriage and after marriage.