[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  per at tocodata dot no
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fax with VoIP
 Date:  Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:31:09 -0600
Per Willy Buffelen wrote:

>Sending fax over VoIP with m0n0wall problem, every time i try to use a fax
>conencted to a VoIP box i get TX error on the faxmachine, i have tried this
>on 2 different computers with m0n0wall, with Linksys and IPCop its okey, can
>it have something to do with PPPoE and MTU=1412, if i use the standard value
>on MTU there is many strange thing happens.

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I fax across my Vonage VoIP line
through m0n0wall in NAT mode on a fairly regular basis.  I set the fax
to cap at 9600bps, but aside from that, no issues.

14400bps usually works as long as ECM is enabled, but without ECM
14400bps isn't always reliable.

--
There are two times when a man doesn't understand a woman
before marriage and after marriage.