[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec speed
 Date:  Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:52:28 -0400
On 8/28/05, Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be> wrote:
> Ipsec gives more overhead then PPTP, maybe an mtu issue?

Given that PPTP works fine but IPsec doesn't, yeah, that sounds likely
(though I personally haven't seen that, I know some do).  Since PMTUD
seems to be broken when interfacing with IPsec, the only way to fix
this at this point is to lower the MTU on the machine that's acting as
the RDP server.

To original poster:  lower the MTU on the system acting as the RDP
server to 1400 and see if things work normally.

-Chris