[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert <robertedstrom at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting m0n0wall up and running.
 Date:  Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:10:42 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, here's an update.  I am now able to get into m0n0
from the web.  The problem I am now having is that I
am not able to web into or even ping the box after it
has rebooted.  The lan and wan interfaces appear to be
correct and the correct ip address is displayed on the
console when it reboots, but I have to go through
adding the lan and wan interfaces again and setting
the lan ip address before it becomes accessible.  All
other parameters that were changed appear to be
retained.  It is as if the box has amnesia although
the correct lan and wan parameters and ip addresses
are displayed on the console after reboot.

Can someone shine some light on this subject?
Shouldn't the interfaces become live after the system
has been rebooted or does it need to be manually
reinitialized every time?

Thanks,
Bob.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail