[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting m0n0wall up and running.
 Date:  Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:21:51 -0400
On 8/28/05, Robert <robertedstrom at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Ok, here's an update.  I am now able to get into m0n0
> from the web.  The problem I am now having is that I
> am not able to web into or even ping the box after it
> has rebooted.  The lan and wan interfaces appear to be
> correct and the correct ip address is displayed on the
> console when it reboots, but I have to go through
> adding the lan and wan interfaces again and setting
> the lan ip address before it becomes accessible.  All
> other parameters that were changed appear to be
> retained.  It is as if the box has amnesia although
> the correct lan and wan parameters and ip addresses
> are displayed on the console after reboot.
>
> Can someone shine some light on this subject?
> Shouldn't the interfaces become live after the system
> has been rebooted or does it need to be manually
> reinitialized every time?

and you're using a hard drive install?  This sounds like what happens
when you are running the CD version either without a floppy or with a
bad floppy.  Sounds like it's not saving the configuration, which I
don't ever recall hearing of with anything but a CD install with
floppy problems of some sort.  Quick check would be to change the LAN
IP to something other than the default 192.168.1.1, reboot, and see
what it says the LAN IP is.

-Chris