[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert <robertedstrom at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting m0n0wall up and running.
 Date:  Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:54:20 -0700 (PDT)
burned freebsd, and booted up the m0n0 box with it.  I
got into a shell and after a while I figured out how
to mount the filesystem.  I am used to linux so it

freebsd sometime.  Anyway, the config.xml file in the
/conf directory looks fine.

----snip----
	<interfaces>
		<lan>
			<if>tl0</if>
			<ipaddr>10.0.0.1</ipaddr>
			<subnet>24</subnet>
			<media/>
			<mediaopt/>
		</lan>
		<wan>
			<if>de0</if>
			<mtu/>
			<media/>
			<mediaopt/>
			<ipaddr>dhcp</ipaddr>
			<dhcphostname/>
			<spoofmac/>
		</wan>
	</interfaces>
----snip----

So my thought is that since the syntax and info is
correct, the system should fully boot up interfaces
and all.  However, unless I reconfigure the interfaces
after a reboot, the system does not respond to
traffic.

The only thing out of the ordinary is a file called
reboot.core also in the same /conf directory.

I would appreciate any help at this time.

Thanks in advance.
Bob.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs