[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Robert <robertedstrom at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting m0n0wall up and running.
 Date:  Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:28:38 -0700 (PDT)
The 2 nics I have in my system according to dmesg from
the exec.php page are:

de0: <Digital 21041 Ethernet> port 0x1400-0x147f mem
0x40a00000-0x40a0007f irq 11 at device 13.0 on pci0
de0: Asante 21041 [10Mb/s] pass 2.1

tl0: <Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded UTP> port
0x14a0-0x14af mem 0x40b00000-0x40b0000f irq 11 at
device 16.0 on pci0.

I have to load the bios setup from floppy disks for
this stupid box.  I did not see any plug and play
options in there.

To make things interesting I can't get the
configuration to work when I switch the function of
both interfaces from lan to wan.  I can't ping out
from either interface.  It only works if tl0 is lan
and de0 is wan.  Any idea why?

On another note, I updated the bios on both of the hp
vectra boxes and I still get read error after loading
the m0n0 image onto the hard drive.  It puzzles me
because I can get linux to install and boot off the
drives of both vectras.

Is it possible to get m0n0 up and working on a box
with 1 interface?  At least to play with the gui.  I
tried it on 2 other boxes with 1 interface each and
they do not seem to respond to pings or web commands.
I can't ping other machines on the network using the
ping function from the console either.  Both of the
other boxes use 3com 3c905 interfaces.  And yes, I
know that a firewall needs two interfaces to actually
do anything.

I seem to be constantly striking out at everything.

If anyone has and suggestions, please let me know.

Do You Yahoo!?