[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting m0n0wall up and running.
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:30:00 -0500
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
Robert <robertedstrom at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> I wasn't trying to bridge.  Both interfaces are not
> connected to the same switch.

	When bridging, both interfaces cannot be connected to the same
switch.  Matter of fact, at any point no two m0n0wall interfaces can be
connected to the same switch.

>  tl0 is connected to the
> switch with my broadband router and the rest of the
> live network.  de0 was connected to a completely
> isolated switch and was configured with a static ip
> address.  de0 will actually be connected to the wan.

	So you are trying for something like:

[ LAN ] -- [ router ] -- [ m0n0wall ] -- [ WAN ]

?  Sounds like removing the router and letting m0n0wall route on its own might
be best?  Otherwise the WAN IP of the router must be an internal IP
address and m0n0wall would have:

LAN IP - same subnet as WAN IP of router
WAN IP - from ISP

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Feed the birds and you will always find snow on your car in July.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~