[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Traffic shaping
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:32:04 -0500
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:05:57 +0500
sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com> wrote:

> If you have something like
> traffic from Host A - queue A - pipe 1
> traffic from Host B - queue B - pipe 1
> traffic from Host C - queue C - pipe 1
>
> then you assign weight to each queue. This controls the bandwidth in a
> relative manner - if A has weight 20,  B has weight 40 then B should
> get twice the bandwidth available.

	I understand weighting but how does that limit Host A to a max
of, say, 256 kb?  In your example if Hosts B and C had no traffic
wouldn't Host A use all available bandwidth?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Astronomy Final Exam question:  Describe the universe.  Give two examples.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~