[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2 Wireless Nodes Configuration
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:28:17 -0400
On 8/31/05, Carlos Rosário <carlos dot rosario at netcabo dot pt> wrote:

> Site B:
>
> Desktop PC (P3@500Mhz  128MB RAM)
>
> LAN  fxp0
>
> WAN  ath0 (802.11a in IBSS mode connecting to Site A)
>
> OPT1  ath1 (802.11g in Hostap mode bridged with LAN)
>
> OPT2  ath2 (802.11g in Hostap mode bridged with LAN)
>
> Using m0n0wall 1.2b7.

just two comments.

1 - I wouldn't rely on an unmaintained old beta version for anything serious.

2 - multiple wireless cards in one box is a very bad idea, if it would
even work at all.  See http://www.netgate.com/zz_faq.php#67
While it works for some, it's not guaranteed nor engineered to work
that way and if things go bad, you might not be able to fix it.

-Chris