[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to access AP settings under OPT1 from LAN?
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:31:40 -0400
On 8/31/05, Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I cannot access the AP connected at OPT1 from a PC connected from LAN. I
> want to do this so I can administer Linksys AP's settings from an admin PC
> connected under LAN.

Your Linksys likely doesn't have a default gateway in it.  Good way to
test this is to ping it from m0n0wall, and ping it from your LAN.
From m0n0wall it should succeed (unless you've messed up something
else), from the LAN it should fail.  Set your m0n0wall OPT interface
IP as its default gateway and it should work.

To the other poster - no static routes or anything required, just a
matter of setting up the OPT interface properly (basically just
enabling it and giving it an appropriate IP) and the AP properly.

-Chris