[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Young <joey underscore young at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] support secondary networks on WAN interface
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:36:16 -0500
That is basically what I had intended thanks for the link it might be an option. Sadly the software
referenced in that article seems to have disappeared from the internet. Most of the dates go back to
2000, 2001 and the links lead to a unavailable page.

In my setup I was thinking 2 cable modems and using round robin on my DNS server to share traffic
between the two modems. It seems to me that all that would really be needed was a second WAN
interface to except the traffic all the routing would be the same just two pipes in Vs one.

Now you're wondering why two modems. Its cheaper for me to get 2 mid packages then one deluxe which
doubles my bandwidth and I'm hoping throughput.

Peter -

what to try something called 'ganging'. This is something that I found. It
is some new software that takes multiple broadband connections and
aggregates them into one single connection.
Check this out -
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/Midpoint-connection-teaming.asp

Let me knowif it works for you

Joey Young