[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Davis" <richard at bizsyscon dot com>
 To:  "'Michael Sierchio'" <kudzu at tenebras dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 2 Wireless Nodes Configuration
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:49:12 -0500
The netgate answer is a bit short sighted.  There are lots of people
running 802.11x links for client access and long haul backbone shots.
I understand their concerns but I can tell you that there are lots of
people using multiple radios in a single pc.  You have to understand
what your antenna is(omni or directional), what radio is using what
channel and what your power output is.
As to "running well....   I usually rely on the client(who is paying me
money) to define that.  These systems have adequate through put to keep
the customers happy.  It through put depends on the signal strength at
the receiver and the noise level.
Hope this helps.