[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting m0n0wall up and running.
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:20:53 -0400
On 8/31/05, Robert <robertedstrom at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> To make things interesting I can't get the
> configuration to work when I switch the function of
> both interfaces from lan to wan.  I can't ping out
> from either interface.  It only works if tl0 is lan
> and de0 is wan.  Any idea why?

Probably ARP caches on one or both sides.  The machines aren't picking
up the MAC address change.  If you clear the ARP cache on the hosts
(or just reboot them, same effect) it'll probably work.  I don't
remember what kind of internet connection you have, but power cycling
your router or modem may be required.

-Chris