[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Mason <lists at masonc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Two gateways?
 Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:25:46 -0400
I have an expensive 512 kb fixed bandwidth leased line that is stable
but not very wide. It suffices for our servers and voip traffic with
traffic shaping. However, we have  a webcam that supplies live video of
the beach and tends to overload the gateway on it's own, so I have
turned it off for now.
We have an addiitonal feed form Cable TV, it's not as reliable but it's
pretty fast and bandwidth is cheap. I'd like to use that for the
non-essential traffic such as the webcam and remote extension voip
traffic. Should I use another M0n0wall box with the internal IP set to a
static IP on the same C class and set the webcam to use it as the
gateway, or shoud I run another C class altogether?
What's the  pros and cons of each?

Chris