[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, cbuechler at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to access AP settings under OPT1 from LAN?
 Date:  Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:44:22 +0800
Your Linksys likely doesn't have a default gateway in it. Good way to
test this is to ping it from m0n0wall, and ping it from your LAN.
From m0n0wall it should succeed (unless you've messed up something
else), from the LAN it should fail. Set your m0n0wall OPT interface
IP as its default gateway and it should work.

The AP does have a default gateway and it was set to
192.168.100.1<http://192.168.100.1>(the IP of OPT1)
And yes, I tried to ping it from m0n0wall and it did respond and from LAN,
it didn't.

Although upon searching for possible solutions in this mailing list, I tried
to use outbound NAT and set the following:

Interface:Portal; Source:192.168.101.1 <http://192.168.101.1>; Destination:
192.168.100.1 <http://192.168.100.1>; Target: any

Through this, I was able to successfully connect to the AP from my LAN --BUT
--- I can no longer access the internet from OPT1. So i still need help.

Again, my apologies. I'm new to networking.

Thank you very much in advance.