[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN in Vmware -- solved
 Date:  Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:20:31 +0200
Am Mittwoch, den 31.08.2005, 21:44 +0200 schrieb Peter Allgeyer:
> Has anyone successfully gotten m0n0wall 1.2b3 to run with the current
> VMWare 4.5.2 version using Linux as guest OS? Everything looks ok, but
> if I try to set up OpenVPN there's no chance to get a tun0 or tap0
> device. Strange ...

The problem isn't VMWare related. On the OpenVPN page I filled in an IP
address block of 10.1.1.1/25 (note that this is a host address, not a
network address). There was no input error and I didn't care about
anymore. Changing this entry to a network address of 10.1.1.0/25 solved
my problem. Took me several hours to find out. I'm not sure, but I
think, that after rebooting the firewall there was an error message on
the console, but it scrolled through too fast for me to read it. It
would be nice, if the boot messages could be saved in /var/log/boot - as
it is the case for the dmesg output. Nevertheless I'll add an input
error check for the IP address block in OpenVPN and will post it to the
developer list.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           > 1. is qmail as secure as they say?  Depends
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     on what they were saying, but most likely yes.