[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Monian" <jeff at chicotech dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  boot problem
 Date:  Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:30:27 -0700
Hello,

    I am attempting to install monowall on an early P1, using a CF/IDE
adapter with a 32 meg. CF card.  I used the physdiskwrite utility to write
the image to the card.  There was no c/h/s info listed when I did this, just
cyls:3 tpc:255 spt:63.  The first issue is that the 32 meg card formatted to
24 meg.  I did not consider this to be a problem, since only 5 meg is
required.  When I put this card into the adapter in a newer P4 machine it
boots without an issue.  In the P1 machine, however, it stops with a read
error.  Autodetecting the card from the BIOS (on the P1) shows a 32 meg
card, so I am assuming that there is a drive geometry problem.  Does anyone
know how to find the c/h/s info for the card?  Or is there some other
approach to the problem that I have not considered?

Thanks,

Jeff