[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bugs to be fixed before 1.2 release?
 Date:  Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:57:11 -0600
Manuel Kasper wrote:

>On 28.08.05 13:31 -0600, Dave Warren wrote:
>

>>Any chance you can release a beta version which matches the
>>release, but includes the OpenVPN functionality?
>>

>I don't plan on doing so when 1.2 comes out, since I really don't
>want half-baked stuff in a "production" release, but it may be
>reintroduced later (in 1.3b[n]) in whatever state it is at that time.

That's basically what I'm asking, but for a simultaneously release of
1.2(release) and a final 1.2(beta) or a first 1.3(beta) with the beta
containing any removed features, but otherwise being up to spec with the
release.

This solves the half-baked-stuff-in-production problem, but lets OpenVPN
users get up to the latest release.

--
Study reveals half the country has below-average intelligence.