[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jason King <jking at informs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN Troubles
 Date:  Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:04:53 -0500
I'm having a major problem with my m0n0wall firewall. Last night I
connected to the m0n0wall without any problems. This morning, I have
users that say they are connecting, but they can't get to anything. I
try to get them to ping the gateway (which they usually can) but they
can't. Nor can they ping anything on the LAN. Not only that, but I can't
ping the IP address that they say the VPN connection has given them. On
a Windows 98 box, when I connect to the VPN it authenticates my
username/password, then just drops the connection immediatly. It sends
and receives about 317 bytes then drops. As far as I know, nothing
changed last night. What is causing these gross problems.

My m0n0wall is running on a net4501 communcation board, if that makes a
difference. Someone please help.

Jason