[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Troubles
 Date:  Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:42:30 -0400
On 9/2/05, Jason King <jking at informs dot com> wrote:
> I'm having a major problem with my m0n0wall firewall. Last night I
> connected to the m0n0wall without any problems. This morning, I have
> users that say they are connecting, but they can't get to anything.

this sounds dumb, but did you try to reboot your m0n0wall?  something
may have gone haywire that can be fixed by a reboot (though I've had
systems using PPTP with > 1 year uptime with 0 problems...).

> try to get them to ping the gateway (which they usually can) but they
> can't. Nor can they ping anything on the LAN. Not only that, but I can't
> ping the IP address that they say the VPN connection has given them. On
> a Windows 98 box, when I connect to the VPN it authenticates my
> username/password, then just drops the connection immediatly.

It gets connected successfully, then drops soon after?

If you want me to see if it's client-specific, drop me an email
offlist with an IP and temp account and I'll see if I can connect.

-Chris