[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to access AP settings under OPT1 from LAN?
 Date:  Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:29:05 -0400
On 9/1/05, Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> wrote:

>  The AP does have a default gateway and it was set to 192.168.100.1 (the IP
> of OPT1)
>  And yes, I tried to ping it from m0n0wall and it did respond and from LAN,
> it didn't.

then it doesn't seem to be using that gateway.

but... Just saw something.  That interface is named "portal", assuming
you're using captive portal on it?  I believe that'll drop any traffic
coming into the interface without regard to the state table because
it's ipfw at that stage until authenticated, at which point ipfilter
takes over and states will again apply.

so what you probably want to try is taking out your NAT rule and
putting in an exception in captive portal for your AP.  I'd be
interested in hearing if that works.

>  Although upon searching for possible solutions in this mailing list, I
> tried to use outbound NAT and set the following:
>
>  Interface:Portal;  Source:192.168.101.1;  Destination: 192.168.100.1;
> Target: any
>
>  Through this, I was able to successfully connect to the AP from my LAN
> --BUT --- I can no longer access the internet from OPT1. So i still need
> help.

if you enable outbound NAT, you'll need NAT rules that map you to your
WAN IP when going out to the internet.

-Chris