[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging - can't ping
 Date:  Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:56:49 -0400
On 9/2/05, Steve Yates <steve at teamits dot com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:18:43 -0400
> Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
>
> > > The LAN
> > > interface is connected to another PC solely to configure m0n0wall.
> >
> > with a crossover cable, I presume?
>
>         No, sorry, there is a mini 5 port hub in the middle.

ok, same difference.  sorry for all the questions, I just assume
nothing because people tend to mis-describe things and leave things
out.

> > >         Asked another way, "should" m0n0wall 1.2b9 have a WAN IP set up?
> >
> > yes
>
>         Does that mean m0n0wall can't be a "true" transparent firewall?

sure it can, but I wouldn't recommend running any firewall without an
IP.  Namely for the purposes of syslogging to a remote host, and
syncronizing time.  can't do either of those if you don't have an IP.

> router - DLink router, with its LAN IP set to 10.0.0.1
> WAN - 10.0.0.3, gateway 10.0.0.1

that WAN a /24, or?

-Chris