[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging - can't ping
 Date:  Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:15:58 -0500
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:56:49 -0400
Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> > router - DLink router, with its LAN IP set to 10.0.0.1
> > WAN - 10.0.0.3, gateway 10.0.0.1
>
> that WAN a /24, or?

	Yes...er, NO!  Boy I feel dumb.  The WAN IP was set to
10.0.0.3/31.  Now I can successfully ping local and remote IPs from
m0n0wall, however, local IPs still seem to get duplicated packets.
That's probably from the bridge seeing the packet on both sides?  A bug?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Why do people without a watch look at their wrist when you ask them what time it is?

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~