[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  D Syde <m0n0wall at evermore dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Anyone Using Verizon EVDO with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:30:13 -0700
Here's an interesting one:

I've got a client in an area of town that bandwidth forgot.  We started
to put in an ADSL connection but, after getting everything set up,
including the line and a Soekris net4801 running m0n0wall, the provider
couldn't get it working and backed out.

So, we are considering Verizon EVDO service.  Is anyone using anything
like this?  If so, what hardware (EVDO card) are you using?  Any special
configuration issues with m0n0wall?

I know I can set up a separate machine as a router from the EVDO service
to the WAN interface on the m0n0wall but, fewer moving parts is better.
 So, just wondering if anyone has a sufficiently elegant configuration
for this.

- D. Syde