[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging - can't ping
 Date:  Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:52:49 -0500
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:34:57 -0400
Peter <peter at iwebsl dot com> wrote:

> I've read your post a couple times and I don't get why you're bridging. You don't need to bridge
the opt network to access the internet and you can NAT to let traffic to the opt network.

	A valid question!  Sorry for not being clear.  This is how I
have this set up for testing.  In the near future we will have a block
of public IPs that will look like:

[T1 bridge] -- [m0n0wall] -- (several local routers, 1 IP each)

So I can't really use NAT at the outside level if I want to let traffic
for each IP in.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - FORD: Fix Or Repair Daily.