[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anyone Using Verizon EVDO with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Sat, 3 Sep 2005 08:02:39 -0400
EVDO performance is very sensitive to your location and the quality of
the cell network/tower backhaul you are connecting to.  Transfer rate on
EVDO is actually pretty good.  I know that I personally pull 12-15kb/sec
downloads over it, which 2.5 - 3 times faster than I ever did with
dial-up.  However, it is nearly as latent as a satellite connection, so
web browsing and other interactive activities tend to perform poorly.

-Bryan