[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tom Valdes" <Tom dot Valdes at soa dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  uPNP in future versions? or how can I do this?
 Date:  Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:45:04 -0700
Are there any plans to include uPNP in a future version?

I am pretty sure I know the risks, but this is what I'm trying to do, so
what is the right way to do it?

I have a game system that needs ports forwarded to it, but each game
needs different ports.

I could put it in a DMZ, but I have a cable modem with one dynamic IP
address, so I can't simply forward all ports for one address to the
machine in the DMZ.

From what I understand, I need uPNP.  Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,

tom