[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Tom Valdes' <Tom dot Valdes at soa dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] uPNP in future versions? or how can I do this?
 Date:  Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:42:33 +1200
Nope - uPNP is utter utter crap.

You have in m0n0wall a complete routing solution.  The answer to protect
your game box is to put it in a DMZ, and to totally disallow all access
to/from your DMZ through to/from your LAN port/s

If you have more than one routable IP you are set.  However if you're
IP-challanged like us in New Zealand then you'll have to be a little
sneakier.