[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Wass" <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MonoWall behind MonoWall
 Date:  Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:21:49 +1000
Hello All

I am installing MonoWall as in the following configuration.

Internet ---------------->[WAN] MonoWall1 [LAN] ---------------------->[WAN] MonWall2
[LAN]-------------LAN 192.168.0.1

                                                                     Web Server

The Web Server has a real world IP

MonoWall1 has a real world IP on both WAN and LAN

MonoWall2 has a real world IP on the WAN

My question is, do I have to set-up NAT rules (and resultant firewall rules) on MonoWall1 to access
services on the Web server.

Can I turn NAT off? altogether on MonoWall1

I also have services running in the 192.168.0.1 network, port forwarding rules on MonoWall2 allow
these services through. If I want to allow access to these service from the internet do I port
foward on MonoWall1 and set the destination to be the WAN on MonoWall2?

I hope this all makes sense

Thanks

Wasca