[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave Warren" <MailList at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  "Dr Who" <brokenby2703 at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Where M0N0 stores...
 Date:  Mon, 05 Sep 2005 03:22:40 -0600
> I saw some people using CF as boot device, others using the CDROM.
> Is there any difference/recommendation ?

I think it's more personal preference then anything else, but in general,
CDROM is easier to recover if something goes wrong during an upgrade (just
replace the older CDROM), but updating a floppy drive can be slow and
there are more moving parts (Both in the CDROM and floppy) so more failure
points.

> Where m0n0wall stores the log files?

In RAM.

> Bigger CF should it be useful or just a waste ?

In general, it's a waste.