[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Mason (Lists)" <lists at masonc dot com>
 To:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Two WAN interfaces?
 Date:  Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:22:09 -0400
Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:

> If you need failover or load balancing you could look into pfSense.
>
> Kerem Erciyes wrote:
>

>> yes... as long as you manually switch static routes if need there be...
>> i think it would as it doesn't matter which interface you will need
>> to use OPT1 as WAN2...
>> note: m0n0wall doesn't support failover between two wan entries...
>> you can search to posts on how to do what you are talking about...

I don't need load balancing or fail over, I just want to direct some of
less vital traffic over the less capable route. Also, as the more
important traffic is voice, I can fail over in Asterisk to a provider on
the other interface, so fail over can be done in the application.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts