[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bostjan Hojkar" <bostjan dot hojkar at fov dot uni dash mb dot si>
 To:  "Steve Yates" <steve at teamITS dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridging - can't ping
 Date:  Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:17:48 +0200
>> >         Asked another way, "should" m0n0wall 1.2b9 have a WAN IP set
>> > up?
>> yes
> Does that mean m0n0wall can't be a "true" transparent firewall?

"true" transparent firewall can still have management IP on it's bridged
interface :) I've seen comercial product like that..

M0n0wall can be "only bridge", but is usable only if you can connect to NTP,
Syslog and other servers via LAN interface, one way or the other.

I have it set up ip-less on WAN, with LAN pluged in on same switch but
different VLAN, and static routes to access syslog server, NTP server, and
others via LAN interface (since servers are in yet another VLAN)

Regards, Bostjan