[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ken Herner <krherner at mtu dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Web Server behind Monowall
 Date:  Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:16:45 -0400
Ok, I have added the nat, and now people can see my server(yea =D).
Now...my next problem.  I am attempting to get phpBB forums up and
running.  Now, in the forums I have to specify a domain name.  When it
is set to "localhost" I can see and access the forums.  But, people can
only load the index, and can't go any where else because they are
pointed to localhost.  If I set the domain name to my domain, IE, my
alias/ip, then the forum works for evey one, but I can't access the
forums because the web server is being NATed, and you can't access a
NATed service from inside the lan.

Anybody have any idea about this?  Is it posible to make my server
available to the internet with out having to NAT it?

I am running Apache 2, and have the latest version of phpBB.