[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matthew Norris-Jones" <mattnj at red dash data dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  monowall hanging and not completing task.
 Date:  Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:39:15 +0100
Hi,

I have m0n0wall 1.2b9 running on a net4501.
All the features are configured and working as I want them to, BUT it
varys from being very quick and responsive to VERY slow and this
behavior only seems to happen with browsing!

Here is an example,

set a continuous ping going to an external website, and get nice fast
replies no problem.
Open browser to m0nowall ip to change settings, no problem.
Open second browser to msn.co.uk (for example) no problem.
Surf a few pages, and the browser hangs (as if slow connection) often
only partial web page visible.
This page will NEVER finish loading, unless the page is re-tried.
Ping is still replying from a WAN site, no problem (so monowall is still
routing right!)
ADSL connection is still fine if using a machine NOT being routed
through monowall

If I then, open a new browser I will often get a quick page up, but the
others are still incomplete.

Thanks in advance.