[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mattias Bergander <mattias dot bergander at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Driver available in freebsd 5.3 but not in m0n0wall 1.2b7
 Date:  Tue, 6 Sep 2005 22:11:40 +0200
Hello there,
 I'm currently testing out a VIA EPIA M6000 fanless board with m0n0wall. I
added a second network card and of course this was an unsupported dlink 528t
gigabit NIC (realtek 8169 chip) which is on the HCL for freebsd 5.3 but not
4.9. Therefore I tested with 1.2b7 and although there the card isn't
reported as unknown but instead along with "(no driver attached)". I'm
guessing that the driver is not included in that m0n0wall release then. Can
I work around this or should i just try pfsense or ipcop or similar instead?
 I found references to this NIC pre-1.2b7 in the archives but nothing
regarding the m0n0wall releases with freebsd 5.3.
 thanks, any help much appreciated.

--
Mattias Bergander