[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] private lan on WAN interface
 Date:  Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:43:56 -0400
On 9/6/05, sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com> wrote:
> we have a mono with 192.168.10.1/24 as LAN , 200.x.x.x as WAN.
> Connected to a DSL modem.
>
> Now the ISP is routing a remote branch office subnet 192.168.20.1/24
> to the WAN port through the DSL link. The branch office has no
> internet access, just a connection to the main office.
>
> We need to allow the 20.1/24 subnet full access to the 10.1/24 subnet
> and vice versa.

that's....interesting.  it would require advanced outbound NAT to not
NAT on the way out, but for the way in there would have to be some
sort of advanced inbound NAT (i.e. inbound on the WAN).  I don't think
this is possible as is now.

I'd mess around with the advanced outbound NAT and see if somehow it
might do what you're after.  Would definitely be interested in hearing
what, if anything, you can determine.

-Chris