[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Magic shaper rules question
 Date:  Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:09:37 -0500
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:58:55 -0500
Steve Yates <steve at teamits dot com> wrote:

> 	As I understand the traffic shaper rules, they match top down
> like the firewall rules.  In looking at the rules the magic shaper
> wizard (1.2b9) generates, I see in top down order

	I ran the shaper wizard again to be sure, and to be correct
about it the defaults are:

m_Small Packet Upload -> High Priority #1 Upload
m_TCP ACK Upload -> High Priority #3 Upload

	The default setting puts the m_TCP ACK Upload rule below the
m_Small Packet Upload rule.  Since the m_Small Packet Upload rule covers
all outgoing packets 0-100 bytes in size it seems like it would take
precedence over the m_TCP ACK Upload rule.  It seems like these rules should
be in reverse order, or perhaps the m_TCP ACK Upload rule should be
removed altogether from the wizard.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Okay, I pulled the pin.  Now what?  Where are you going?

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~