[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matt Groener" <MGroener at line6 dot com>
 To:  "Tom Anderson" <tom at haremail dot net>, <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>, "Homero Thomsom" <homerothomsom at yahoo dot com dot ar>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Stop traffic at certain hour.
 Date:  Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:07:29 -0700
To me, the solution seems to be to implement cron capabilities within
the config file so this type of information will be retained across
reboots. This would allow generic cron functionality within m0n0wall
irrespective of its use.

You'd still need to program the functionality for time-based rule
insertion/deletion (not trivial), but at least to capture cron
information across reboots should be easy.

Look at http://www.cs.luc.edu/users/gkt/luc/extreme_markup/cron_xml for
some information about transitioning crontab entries to xml.

You can also look at http://www.webmin.com/ for some ideas about how to
handle the UI interface to cron entries.

-matt